In the spirit of service, not self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans,military and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.
The vision of The American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion while becoming the premier service organization and foundation of every community providing support for our veterans, our military and their families by shaping a positive future in an atmosphere of fellowship, patriotism, peace and security.
- In fulfillment of our Mission, the American Legion Auxiliary adheres to the following purposes:
- To support and advocate for veterans, active military and their families
- To support the initiatives and programs of The American Legion
- To foster patriotism and responsible citizenship
- To award scholarships and promote quality education and literacy
- To provide educational and leadership opportunities that uphold the ideals of freedom and democracy and encourage good citizenship and patriotism in government
- To increase our capacity to deliver our Mission by providing meaningful volunteer opportunities within our communities
- To empower our membership to achieve personal fulfillment through Service Not Self
ValuesOur statement of values is predicated on the founding purposes:
- Commitment to the four founding principles: Justice, Freedom, Democracy, Loyalty
- Service to God, our country, its veterans and their families
- Tradition of patriotism and citizenship
- Personal integrity and family values
- Respect for the uniqueness of individual members
- Truthful open communication in dealing with the public and our members
- Adherence to the adopted policies and rules
We are The American Legion Auxiliary
We are the American Legion Auxiliary.
We are called to serve.
We respect our country and the service of those who defend our freedoms.
We are loyal to our United States Constitution and to those who protect it.
We are humbled by the courage of our veterans and their families.
We are alone, yet we stand together.
We are daughters, brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers. We are family.
We are of every color. We are of every faith.
We are of every age.
We are anyone and everyone.
We are common and extraordinary.
We are citizens.
We live in small towns.
We live in suburbs.
We live in cities.
We work in fields, in factories, warehouses, offices, at home.
We are a community. We help one another.
We love our flag and all that it stands for.
We are many. We are one.
We are the American Legion Auxiliary. A Community of Volunteers
Serving Veterans, Military, and their Families.
We commit ourselves to the ideal: Service Not Self.